Wednesday, July 02, 2014

World Cup Quarter-Finals

Its already been an exciting World Cup with many great matches. However we are now into the potentially really exciting stages as we get to the Quarter-finals. The teams remaining are much more evenly matched and the results are much tougher to call.

France v Germany (4th July)
Brazil   v Colombia (4th July)
Argentina v Belgium (5th July)
Holland v Costa Rica (5th July)

I do believe there will be a surprise in store for one of the supposedly bigger countries.

My first tip is Holland to beat Costa Rica. The Dutch are priced at 1.49 to win over 90 minutes. The draw is currently 4.15 with IrishEyesBet.com. Although  I've been massively impressed with the Costa Ricans I think this hurdle will be just too big for them.

France and Germany could go either way. The Germans are favourites but I am going to go for a French victory. The French have flair and I do believe Deschamps now knows his best starting XI. Karim Benzema could have a huge say in the outcome of this game, he oozes class. It’s France for me over 90 minutes and IrishEyesBet.com price a French victory at 3.15 the draw is 3.10 with a German victory at 2.42.

Brazil v Colombia. Will Brazil continue to struggle? I believe Neymar will drag them through yet again. For the life of me I can’t understand why Scholari continues using Fred. He obviously sees something in him that I don’t. Colombia have done well and will certainly match the Brazilians in most departments. The home factor will probably settle this. Brazil are priced at 1.82 the draw is a generous 3.55 with a Colombian victory at 4.55.

Argentina v Belgium. There could be an upset here. I am going to go for Belgium. I like their overall shape and they are quick and dangerous going forward. It could be heartbreak for Messi and co. I’m certainly sticking my neck out for a Belgian victory but I do believe they can deliver.


Belgium are 3.75 the draw is 3.30 and an Argentinian victory is priced at 2.08. A game not to be missed as there could be a good few goals in this game.

Best of luck
Michael Flannagan

No comments: