Friday, June 20, 2014

World Cup Tips

This weekend I am not going for the usual home , draw or away result.

In my tips I am including the amount of goals. For those not used to this form of betting I will explain.

Switzerland v France

 I have gone for over 2.5 goals in the match. Quite simply this means there must be 3 goals or more in the match. It does not matter who scores the goals. The price at Irish Eyes Bet is currently 2.06.

I fully expect Karim Benzema to add to his total in this game.


Argentina v Iran

When you look at Argentina’s line up nothing but a comfortable victory can be predicted.

 I’m pushing the boat out on this as  I am tipping over 4.5 goals. Again, this means 5 goals or more must be scored. A 4-1 victory will win the bet. A generous price of  4.30 is currently quoted at Irish Eyes Bet.

I have also gone for 2 regular tips.

Honduras v Ecuador

Both teams put in creditable performances in their opening game. I felt Ecuador were unlucky to lose to the Swiss. Ecuador are priced at 1.66 to win and if they put in a strong performance I expect them to come out on top.

Belgium v Russia

Russia didn’t look that good against the Koreans. They are physically strong but lack that flair for me. The Belgians have flair in abundance and I can only see them getting stronger. I’m not sure if their nerves got to them against Algeria. However, after gifting the Algerians a goal they did enough in the second half and indeed they could of won by one or two more. Belgium will not find it easy against Russia but they should prevail.

The one game I am looking forward to seeing is that of Holland v Chile. It’s a tough one to call ……..I believe both teams would settle for a draw.

This group has been the most entertaining one for me. Australia’s courage and indeed skill has earned many admirers. As for Spain, the less said the better.


Michael Flannagan

No comments: