Friday, June 27, 2014

World Cup - 2nd Round

I believe most fans would say this has been a hugely successful tournament so far. With the exception of the “Suarez incident” and an overly reliance on theatrics by certain players, I've been very impressed.

Now we get down to the knock out stages.

I expect France, Germany and Argentina to progress. Brazil v Chile is a tricky game but with Neymar in top form, I expect them to get past Chile. Having said that, Chile will be much more formidable than Cameroon.

My tips involve the other 4 games.

Colombia v Uruguay

With Suarez now banned, I think the Uruguayans will find it tough against Colombia. I could see this game going beyond the 90 minutes. The draw is priced at 3.35 with a Colombian victory at 1.98. I’m tipping Colombia over 90 minutes.

Holland v Mexico

Both teams have done very well in their respective groups. Holland have been very impressive, and the  Mexicans have  surprised quite a few fans. History, form and an excellent price of a Dutch victory at 2.08, is enough for me to tip Holland to win over 90 minutes.

Costa Rica v Greece

To say Costa Rica have surprised many would be  an understatement. They have reached the second round the hard way and luck was not involved at all. The Greeks have done well to reach this far. They are solid defensively but lack goals. I’m tipping Costa Rica over 90 minutes at 2.44.

Belgium v USA


I can’t see anything but a Belgian victory in this game. The U.S.A. can counter attack and are dangerous. I do feel the Belgians will be to strong for them and I am tipping a Belgian victory over 90 minutes. IEB offer an excellent1.84 with the draw at 3.40

Best of luck
Michael Flannagan

No comments: